All of us enjoy things that are fresh. Whether the thing is something we consume, wear, read, smell, or visualize, we want freshness! A building in dire need of repair— a fresh coat of paint, new fascia, soffit and eaves, gutters and downspouts gives the building a boast and it will no longer be the eyesore on the block.
A freshly drycleaned linen outfit makes you feel great slipping into it and going out for the afternoon or evening. Arriving at your destination is best when you're leaving your hotel suite and taking the elevator downstairs to the restaurant or a meeting room. Linen wrinkles terribly, as you know, and is best worn when you can remain vertical for some time and not seated or traveling.
Stale bread is absolutely horrible and should only be fed to the birds, ducks, squirrels and the like. A Christian who is not only spiritually mature but chronologically as well, knows the Word of God is always fresh! We've learned it gets better with time because of the wisdom we have acquired over the years.
I'm an innately happy, cheerful person with a positve attitude. It's my natural deameanor. I'm also a chatterbox and for that reason, I make a conscientious effort to be a good communicator by being a good listener, as well.
When you combine living for Christ with this type of personality, it can drive those who are not like us, to the brink of rudeness! Combining this natural personality with our spiritual countenance and you have someone who has a fresh word about everything! We don't intend to make others around us nuts but anyone challenging me to "come up a little higher" for the Lord's sake is welcome in my life!
Family, friends and acquaintances can recognize when I'm feeling defeated. Thankfully, it's not perennial but fleeting and occasional. We are constantly doing battle with the enemy. But I say, the enemy is constantly doing battle with sold-out Christians! We've sold-out to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
What am I exuding in my spirit for others to know I'm in a battle of some sort? I'm quiet, moreso than usual. It's during those times when praying without ceasing is the top priority. I become distracted by conversations that are not about "the goodness of the Lord." I've learned it's at those time the enemy doesn't want me to hear from the Lord. So, like the Apostle Paul, we are to press toward the mark of a higher calling.
We're given natural abilities to combine with spiritual giftings to be of good cheer (at all times) and help build the kingdom of God. Positive people serving the Lord make positive Christians. What's wrong with that?


No comments:
Post a Comment