
Do you ever feel you're at the end of your rope? Remember when posters covered your walls in your room at home or dorm room? Remember this one? I remember it saying: "When you're at the end of your rope, tie a knot in it and hold on!"
Forces are coming at us all the time and they're not too friendly, you know? Maybe I should check the calendar, the moon, stars, tide or something because while driving, I wailed like a baby! I was upset with myself for doing it but felt much better after I was finished. I told the Lord how sorry I was for acting out but He gave me comfort. He didn't chastise me or accept my guilt. He cleared it and assured me I never have to tie a knot at the end of a rope.
Friends, He carries us when we feel we don't have the strength, desire, courage, will, or belief we can go on. To prove it to me, just in case it was needed, He miraculously worked something out for me that I was being ever so careful not to become anxious. We are to be anxious over nothing but through prayer and supplication, make our petitions known to God. He hears us. I would say, yeah, I know He hears us but does He answer? And when?
I've matured dramatically in spiritual ways. Always forever trying to "come up higher" to capture His heart, I'll forever be a spiritual work in progress. One thing I know and that is He loves us. He cares about the things that bothers us and He wants them gone!
At some point during my sobbing, His word poured from my heart to defeat the battle in my mind and it was over! If you ever think you're at the end of your rope, I hope it's just a fun game of tug-o-war you're having. We're safely in His arms if that's where we want to be. That beats "hanging on" anyday, doesn't it?
*warm smile* Still praying for you, yes I am!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
End of Your Rope
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment