Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Good Samaritan

A busy day was planned and all tasked were checked off the list. I had meant to post here earlier but that didn't happen.

The drycleaning was picked up which is in the same strip mall as the nail salon I frequent. I met a lovely woman while getting my nails manicured. We talked about current events and it was obvious very early in our conversation that she was a Christian. "To be salt and light in the world, in the world, to be salt and light!" We were the only customers present. We flowed together in Spirit and thought.

She believed many souls would be saved because of the catastrophic earthquake in China. I came into agreement with her. We talked about the fires in Florida (my family's there and my brother was affected) and while I was washing my hands, I missed what she said next. She told me the report believed an arsonist may have set those fires.

We talked about darkness and light and what the world was coming to . . . and end! We weren't talking over each other but said that simultaneously. During all of this, we did not exchange names. We were sisters who had the same Father. It didn't seem to matter.

I shared with her about GeoVi's Home for New Life and the need to reach out to our children who are seemingly lost and without a moral conscious compared to our upbringing and the times.

Her pedicure was over and she was told she could leave but to be careful. We said our goodbyes and I asked her to pray for the Home. She asked the name and assured me she would. I thought to myself how she had helped make my day. It was late morning by then.

After my pedicure, I was preparing to leave and pay for my services when I was informed in broken English, "the lady who just left paid for my services." I was grateful and asked for kleenex. The tears flowed at the loveliness of her gift.

They did not know her name and neither did I but our Father does. The tears flow again as I think of her and whisper a prayer for her and all of you.

I'm inspired!

No comments: