Thursday, April 24, 2008

If You're Happy and Ya Know it!


A busy day. A productice day. A blessed day! I'm clapping my hands but stopped to finish this post. I'm happy and I know it so I clapped my hands.


I just ended a telephone chat with my step-mom who lives in Florida. We were encouraging each other. It's always a blessing to have immediate family who serves the Lord, too. So many people are not in this position. They have found themselves to be the "first" in their family to do so many things:

  1. graduate from high school

  2. get an associate's degree

  3. get a bachelor's degree

  4. get a certification of some sort

  5. work as a 'white-collar' employee

  6. get a full-time job with benefits for the entire family

  7. come to Christ

  8. leave the 'family' church and join a 'different' church

  9. go into the Ministry and the list goes on.


Oftentimes, unannounced occurrences are monumental events in the lives of people that are not recognized because they are unknown. As Christians, we are challenged with dying to flesh so that we do not regard each other after the flesh. See the Christ-like (Christian) image in everyone; honor and respect are then automatic.


We can be happy and know it because we were told by our Savior: "Be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world!" In His presence there is joy. Get in His presence and you'll be clapping your hands too!


No comments: